Monday, March 7, 2011

Bruschetta- Recipe

Overall Rating: 5

He said: 8. I've been eating this girl's food for a minute now and this simple dish is BY FAR my favorite. The first time she made it I honestly had ten before the meal was even finished. THERE IS EVERYTHING TO LOVE ABOUT THIS ISH: toast, cheese, prosciutto, roasted tomatoes and greens. The roasted tomatoes are good enough to eat by themselves (I practically ate two whole tomatoes while she was prepping/not paying attention). I know she loves me when she makes this food.

She said:  5. This has become one of my favorite recipes; since first making it for Kevin last Tuesday, I've already made it two other times (once for myself, and the other for my family and Kevin's). I'm a big fan of bruschetta (I'll often times order it as my meal), so I was thrilled to find my own bruschetta recipe that others really seemed to enjoy. Olive oil and garlic are two of my favorite things to cook with, and there are a lot of both in this recipe. The roasted tomatoes are to die for, and the rosemary makes the kitchen smell delectable. The appearance is also great, I love the colors and the bite-sized pieces. It's relatively easy to make, using many ingredients that you may already have. Filing this one under my go-to crowd pleaser recipes.

Price: $

Level of easiness: Easy

Good for: Big groups, friends, family, appetizers, parties, dinner dates

Would we make it again?: Heck yes

Date tried: 3/2/2011


Notes: I tried them once without the prosciutto (Kevin ate it all), and while it was still good, it's definetly not 5 star-worthy, so be sure to include a good prosciutto.

Kev's big mouth impatiently sneaking bruschetta before dinner.


We first tried this recipe alongside an Italian sausage pasta (recipe here) and red wine (awesome Spanish wine from Trader Joes, La Granja). Great combo.

Bruschetta with Rosemary, Roasted Plum Tomatoes, Ricotta, and Prosciutto
Ingredients:

6 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil (the more the better, for dipping bread in while waiting)
2 large garlic cloves, minced (I tend to add more, no such thing as too much garlic)
2-3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 large plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
12 1/2-inch-thick diagonally cut baguette slices (each 3 to 4 inches long)
12 tablespoons ricotta cheese, divided
6 thin prosciutto slices, cut in half crosswise
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup baby arugula

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Stir 6 tablespoons oil, garlic, rosemary, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in large bowl to blend. Add tomato quarters and stir to coat. Let stand 5 minutes. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lift tomatoes from marinade and arrange, cut side down, on prepared baking sheet (reserve marinade for toasts).

Roast tomatoes until skin is browned and blistered and tomatoes are very tender, about 35 minutes. Cool tomatoes on sheet. Maintain oven temperature.

Meanwhile, arrange bread slices on another rimmed baking sheet. Brush top of each with reserved marinade (including garlic and rosemary bits).

Roast bread until top is golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool toasts on sheet.

Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese on each toast; sprinkle with pepper. Fold prosciutto halves over and place on ricotta. Arrange 2 tomato quarters atop prosciutto. Whisk lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon oil in medium bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper. Add microgreens (or baby arugula) and toss to coat. Top bruschetta with greens. Arrange on platter and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment