Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hop Li - Los Angeles

PART III OF CHARIESE'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND - AKA #EPICFAIL

Overall Rating:

He Said: 1 - Although this selection was primarily my fault (IE my lack of logistical planning on my Girlfriend's birthday/Saturday night) I honestly think we would have been better off if we had eaten at the J-BOX next door. The place smelled like a pet shop , the service sucked (while in the bathroom I saw a waiter wash his hands, take a shit THEN went back to work - IN THAT ORDER) and the food had a tough time standing-up to Panda Express. I felt like a huge failure bringing my dime-in-waiting to this sweatshop for her birthday (I have some major culinary work to do to make-up for this one). For perspective's sake I AM being overly critical of this fobby Chinese joint because it was Reese's birthday but you literally couldn't pay me to get back to this place.

She Said:

Price: ¢

Ambiance: really? this is where we're eating?

Good for: Colon-cleanse


Would you go again? FUCK NO!

Date Visited: 3/19/2011 (Saturday night)

Special Notes: Just pull into the drive-through at the J-Box next door...

Restaurant Website: if you dare

 This selection was especially ironic because if we know we are going to be doing any sort of heavy drinking (as we knew we would that night) Chariese can't have any sort of seafood because she has a tendency to "bomit" all over da' place. Perfect right?

I REALLY wish I were kidding...

Lets Get this over with: I tried to order us the most Americanized items they had so we went with the 菠蘿咖喱雞炒飯 (Chicken and Pineapple with Curry Fried Rice) and the 芒果利筍雞片 (Mango Chicken). Both items but material into our stomachs and we were not hungry anymore - end of story.


Impeccable presentation

Simply flawless...

GAWD FUCKIN' DAMMIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment