Wednesday, March 16, 2011

La Creperie- Belmont Shore/Long Beach, Ca.

Overall Rating: 3.65

He said: 3.5 in all honestly I'm not going to seek-out a crepe joint but seeing how happy this faux-whatever joint made Reese I'll go back because it makes her smile. The crepe was not as good as Le Galette but it was an experience I suppose. Maybe the dinner is better - Ill wait for someone to drag me back before I pass final judgment.

She said: 3.8. While the crepe was decent, I especially liked this place for it's ambiance (see review and picture below). Kev and I went here for dessert after dinner at Open Sesame, and it was the perfect place for it. I'd go back for a cappuccino and a shared crepe.

Price: $$-$$$

Ambiance: Romatic, cool, douchy

Good for: Dates, after-dinner drinks and desserts, girls night out

Would we go again?: Maybe
Date visited: 3/9/2011 (Wednesday night)

Special notes: We ate on this old ass couch next to the door. The vibe is alright...

Restaurant website: http://www.lacreperiecafe.net/

Food:
Our order: The Romeo and Juliet crepe with Bailey's (nutella, strawberries, and bananas). The crepe was good, but not great. It could have used more of the ingredients, especially more nutella (no such thing as too much of that hazelnutty goodness). If you're looking for a good crepe, you must go to La Gallete (see our review here). Reese "accidentally" broke with her lent promise to give up sweets this night FYI
Ambiance:
Chandeliers and exposed brick are two of my favorite things, thus, I loved the ambiance and design here. Kevin and I sat near the front on the couches, and it was really relaxing. The workers were nice and not too in your face; they let us sit and chat without feeling rushed. Thanks peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment