Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Palace Grill - Santa Barbara, CA

PART I OF CHARIESE'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Overall Rating: 3.9

He Said: 4 I attended Santa Barbara City College for a my Sophomore year and spent a fair amount of time eating on State St. - I'm a little upset I didn't discover this place sooner. Tucked away a block down from State this Cajun restaurant was exactly what the Dr. ordered to kick off an epic birthday weekend for Chariese. The dining room was busy with people enjoying the dining experience, the service staff making nice with the customers and a stray magician on the payroll making me feel awkward at the prospect of having to reject his services. I enjoyed the experience but will still opt to discover other venues in SB before settling on this solid eatery.

She Said: 3.8. I really liked this place. I don't often eat Cajun, so it was a nice change of pace. The restaurant was lively, and the decor was fun. The menu offered a wide variety of items and it took me apx. 17.3 minutes to finally decide on Jambalaya.

Price: $$-$$$

Ambiance: busy, cozy, funky (is that a word?)

Good for: Those who enjoy spice, a change of pace, seafood

Would we go again? You bet!

Date Visited: 3/18/2011 (Friday)

Special Notes: watch out for the magician - he/magic sucks (srry bud)

Restaurant Website - The Palace Grill 


Stop taking pictures of meeeeee - no really, stop

Our meal came with this great basket of various fresh-baked muffins - my fav was the cornbread

Main Courses:
Kevin's order: Paneed Veal Acadiana - I've never had a meal that I could recognize such a tangible relationship between taste and the relative health value of a plate of food (it was VERY tasty)
Chariese's order: Jambalaya Pasta
This was really good, my only qualm was that I had asked for spicy and this was rather mild, so if you're queen o' da spice like me, ask for it spicier next time. I did prefer Kevin's to mine, ya ya as per usual. Whatever.

Chariese put these coasters in your purse baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment