Sunday, March 20, 2011

Georges Greek Cafe- Long Beach, CA

Overall Rating: 4.65

He said: 4.5 THE  GEORGE was super welcoming right from the start and the service was attentive to everything we needed. We sat on the outside patio and it was perfect. I haven't been to too many Greek restaurants but this place sets the standard. The cuisine was solid traditional that won't break the bank - awesome proportions that will definitely fill you up (Char forced her leftovers on me and I was obliged to clean up every scrap). For whatever reason this place was similar to Open Sesame (Mediterranean, large proportions, similar ingredients) yet so different (memorably delicious, awesome environment, remarkable service) - I will definitely advocate a return whenever we're back in the neighborhood.

She said: 4.8. From the moment we walked in to the minute we left, I couldn't stop talking about how much I loved everything about this place. We visited on a Friday night, but were lucky enough to find a table for two on the candle-lit patio. We were greeted with hugs by "THE George, I am THE George!", and felt right at home. The service was great, and the atmosphere was fun (they even do the whole Greek plate breaking deal; even though I'm anti-mess, it seemed fun). Everything that we ate was delicious. I've been dying to go back and to take every single person that I know/meet.

Price: $$-$$$

Ambiance: Loud, vibrant, fun, heated patio

Good for: Groups, family, pre-bar-hopping

Would we go again?: Hellz yes

Date visited: 3/11/2011 (Friday night)

Special notes:

Restaurant website: http://georgesgreekcafe.com/

I'm a silly guy! Jk I'm not I drink mojitos and wear button-ups and watch the History channel for fun.

Appetizer: Pita with hummus.
This was beyond perfect and by far the best hummus and pita that we have ever had. The pita was so warm and toasty, and the hummus so simple yet so dericious I wanted to cry when I was eating it. I wish I was kidding, but my feelings were strong. I love Kevin, but this little appie has given him a run for his money. <3Chariese + pita + hummus forever<3 {wow?}


 





Main Course:
Kevin's order: Souvlakia beef with a side of veggies and rice. (GET IN MAH BELLI)
Chariese's order: Chicken Gyro with tzantziki. Bomb bomb bomb. The chicken literally melted in my mouth. I wish I wasn't drooling right now this is embarassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment