Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tupelo Junction Cafe - Santa Barbara, CA

PART II OF CHARIESE'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Overall Rating: 3.75

He Said: 3.8 So we might have been slightly hung-over from a night on the town but this place definitely came through for us when we needed it. I wasn't particularly blown away by the cuisine but the food and environment came together to get me off on the right foot for the rest of the day. We saw several other cafes on the way that I would like to make a run at before fully advocating this decent yet comfortable breakfast spot. 

She Said: 3.7. I liked the ambiance and set up of this place more than I liked the food. While it was tasty, it wasn't THEBESTBREAKFASTEVEROMGYES. Like Kevin said, there are tons of cute little cafes around the area that I'd much prefer to try before coming back here.

Price: $$

Ambiance: Vacation, brunch

Good for: quality

Would you go again? Sure

Date Visited: 3/19/2011 (Saturday)

Special Notes: Mason jars as cups


Restaurant Website: Tupelo Junction Cafe

She/we loved it

Chariese's order: Wild mushroom, asparagus, black truffle cheese scramble w/ baby green salad and homemade breads. This was good, and exactly what I needed after the night that Kev and I had. I wouldn't order it again, but I was satisfied. The salad (interesting addition to a bfast plate) was surprisingly great, as it was topped with some sort of berry vinagarette. And their homemade jam was bomb. The egg combo itself was decent, but not as flavorful as I had expected it to be.
Kevin's order: Smoked bacon, spinach, caramelized onion, tomato & gouda cheese scramble with house potatoes (yes, that's cornbread)
 (does this look delicious? Because it was!)

In all honesty, this breakfast was a great start to one of the best days I've had in a long while and it wasn't even my birthday. It was a great day! (THE BEST DAY!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment